- Available ZIP files for Java 6 or higher (includes launcher):
How to install and run:
- Just download the j-wildfire-x.xx.zip-file from the link above and extract the contents of the j-wildfire-x.xx.zip to any folder on your hard disc. This all what must be done to install the software!
- Either launch the j-wildfire-launcher.jar directly or use one of the supplied start-scripts (start_windows.bat, start_mac.command or start_linux.sh)
- Do NOT start the j-wildfire.jar directly (will work, but important settings will be missing, so that it will not work good!)
- If you have problems or questions please read the supplied README-files (README!!!.txt, README_LAUNCH.txt and README_SUPPORT.txt)
- JWildfire runs on all operating systems with a Java 7 runtime, such as Windows , MacOS or Linux.
- The newest Java (currently Java 8) is always recommended, it usually lets the software execute faster
- If you have a 64Bit operating system (as Windows7 64Bit) you should always use the 64Bit Java runtime.
It will both be faster and let you use a significant larger amount of memory. You will NOT be able to render images in print resolution on 32Bit-systems or 64Bit-systems with a 32Bit-Java
- If you have several Java runtimes on your systems the launcher tries to choose the most appropriate. You always can override this by choosing manually another runtime.
Support the author:
The software is completely free and has not any locked features or ads or other nagging things. You are welcome to use it for any purpose you want. Anyway, any support is very appreciated
|Germany||United States||Great Britain||Japan|
JWildfireMini FREE for Android:
This app brings the magic of flame fractals to your phone! It comes with both the fractal evolution module “MutaG” and the interactive renderer “IR”, as known from the full JWildfire application, to your Android-capable device!
You can also find JWildfireMini at the Google Play Store
Special JWildfire builds for Java 5:Those are known to be slower, are not tested, but may work: